Sunny Deol is a famous Indian actor, director, and producer. He’s been in the movies for a long time and people really like him. He plays tough and patriotic roles in movies like “Gadar: Ek Prem Katha,” “Border,” and “Ghayal.”
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Sunny Deol is famous for talking strongly and doing action scenes in movies. Many people really like him, and he’s one of the favorite actors of his time. Besides acting, he also directs and produces movies. His first movie as a director, “Dillagi,” was liked by a lot of people.
Because of his talent and hard work in Indian movies, Sunny Deol is still very respected and liked in the film world.
Personal Info. of Sunny Deol
|Full Name||Ajay Singh Deol|
|Date Of Birth||October 19, 1956|
|Age||66 years (as of 2022)|
|Religion/ Nationality||Sikhism /Indian|
|Profession / Occupation||Actor, Director, Producer|
|Height / Weight||5 feet 8 inches / 80 kilograms|
|Net Worth||$16 Million|
|Place of Birth||Sahnewal, Punjab, India|
|Genre||Known for action and drama films|
|Spouse||Pooja Deol (Lynda Deol)|
|Education||Graduated from Ramniranjan Anandilal Podar College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai|
Sunny Deol Biography
Sunny Deol is a famous Indian actor. His real name is Ajay Singh Deol. He is also a director and a producer. People really like him in Bollywood movies because he is a great actor. This story will tell you about Sunny Deol’s life, his job in movies, and why people like him so much. It will show you how he became very famous in Bollywood.
Sunny Deol Date of Birth
Sunny Deol’s date of birth is October 19, 1956.
Early Life and Background
Sunny Deol was born on October 19, 1956, in Sahnewal, Punjab, India. His mom and dad were also famous actors. His dad’s name is Dharmendra, and his mom’s name is Prakash Kaur. They were big stars in Bollywood movies.
Sunny went to a school called Sacred Heart Boys High School in Maharashtra, India. After that, he went to a college called Ramniranjan Anandilal Podar College of Commerce and Economics.
Sunny Deol comes from a family where everyone is famous in the movies.
|Favorite Food||Punjabi cuisine, especially Sarson Ka Saag and Makki Ki Roti|
|Favorite Actor||Dharmendra, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favorite Hobbies||Gymming, horse riding, and watching movies|
|Favorite Song||“Yeh Dosti” from the movie Sholay|
|Favorite Destination||Manali, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Favorite Actress||Hema Malini|
|Favorite Quote||“Jab yeh dhai kilo ka haath kisi pe padta hai na … toh aadmi uthta nahi … utth jata hai” (from the movie Damini)|
Sunny Deol Family
Sunny Deol comes from a prominent Bollywood family. Here is some information about his family members:
- Father: Dharmendra – Dharmendra is a legendary Bollywood actor and Sunny Deol’s father. He has appeared in numerous successful films and is considered one of the greatest actors in Hindi cinema.
- Mother: Prakash Kaur – Prakash Kaur is Sunny Deol’s mother. She is the first wife of Dharmendra.
- Stepmother: Hema Malini – Hema Malini is an acclaimed actress and politician. She is Sunny Deol’s stepmother, as she is married to Dharmendra.
- Brother: Bobby Deol – Bobby Deol is also an actor in the Hindi film industry. He is Sunny Deol’s younger brother.
- Wife: Pooja Deol (Lynda Deol) – Sunny Deol is married to Pooja Deol. They have been together since 1984.
- Sons: Sunny Deol and Pooja Deol have two sons – Karan Deol and Rajvir Deol.
Sunny Deol’s family has had a significant influence on his life and career in the entertainment industry.
|Family and Relatives|
|Father||Dharmendra (Veteran Bollywood actor)|
|Brothers||Bobby Deol (Actor)|
|Sons||Karan Deol and Rajvir Deol|
Sunny Deol Father
Sunny Deol’s dad is Dharmendra. Dharmendra is a super famous actor in Bollywood. He acted in many hit movies and is really, really good at acting. People think he’s one of the best actors ever in India’s movie history. Dharmendra can do action, love stories, and funny roles too. He got lots of awards for being so good in movies, and he’s like a shining star in Indian movies.
Sister of Sunny Deol
Sunny Deol does not have a sister. He has a younger brother named Bobby Deol, who is also an actor in the Hindi film industry.
Sunny Deol Wife
Sunny Deol got married to Pooja Deol in 1984, and they are still together. Pooja Deol, who is also called Lynda Deol, likes to keep her life private and doesn’t work in movies or TV. They have two sons named Karan Deol and Rajvir Deol.
Sunny Deol children
Sunny Deol and his wife Pooja Deol (Lynda Deol) have two sons. Here is information about Sunny Deol’s children:
- Karan Deol: Karan Deol, born on November 27, 1990, is the elder son of Sunny Deol. He made his acting debut in the film “Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas” (2019), which was also directed by Sunny Deol. Karan Deol is the third generation of the Deol family to enter the film industry.
- Rajvir Deol: Rajvir Deol, born in 1996, is the younger son of Sunny Deol. Not much information is available about Rajvir Deol as he has maintained a relatively private life.
Both Karan and Rajvir Deol have been born into a family with a strong presence in the Bollywood industry, and there is anticipation about their future ventures in the entertainment world.
Entry into the Film Industry:
Sunny Deol started acting in movies with a film called “Betaab” in 1983. People really liked him in it, and he became very popular. He was so good in the movie that he got nominated for a special movie award. People loved his tough guy look, his strong acting, and the way he said his lines. That’s how he became a famous action hero.
Career Breakthrough and Stardom:
Sunny Deol became really famous with a movie called “Ghayal” in 1990. The director was Rajkumar Santoshi. In the movie, Sunny Deol played a character named Ajay Mehra who wanted to make things right. He acted really well and got a big award called the National Film Award for Best Actor. He also got a Filmfare Award. “Ghayal” was a huge hit, and it made him even more famous as an action hero.
Memorable Films and Iconic Roles:
Sunny Deol is a famous actor. He acted in many movies and played different roles. One of his best movies is “Damini,” where he was a lawyer trying to make things right. Another great movie he was in is called “Border.” It’s about a war between India and Pakistan in 1971. People really liked his acting in a love story called “Gadar: Ek Prem Katha.” It’s about love during the time when India was divided into two countries. Sunny Deol did a great job in these movies, and people loved it a lot.
Sunny Deol Hit Movies
- Ghayal (1990)
- Damini (1993)
- Border (1997)
- Gadar: Ek Prem Katha (2001)
- The Hero: Love Story of a Spy (2003)
- Apne (2007)
- Yamla Pagla Deewana (2011)
- Singh Saab The Great (2013)
- Ghayal Once Again (2016)
- Poster Boys (2017)
Gadar Movie Sunny Deol
“Gadar: Ek Prem Katha” is a super famous Bollywood movie with Sunny Deol as the main actor. It came out in 2001, and Anil Sharma directed it. Nitin Keni and Sunny Deol made the movie together.
In the film, Sunny Deol plays a character named Tara Singh. He is a brave Sikh truck driver who loves a Muslim girl named Sakina, played by Ameesha Patel. The movie takes place during the time when India and Pakistan were splitting up in 1947. Tara and Sakina face many problems because of their different religions, but they try hard to be together.
“Gadar: Ek Prem Katha” made a lot of money and is one of the most successful Bollywood movies ever. People love Sunny Deol’s strong acting, powerful words, and exciting action scenes, especially the one with the hand pump. Critics also liked the movie, and it won many awards, including Filmfare Awards.
Also to acting, Sunny Deol has also ventured into directing and producing films. His directorial debut came with the film “Dillagi” in 1999, where he also starred alongside his real-life brother Bobby Deol. The movie was well-received by both critics and audiences. showcasing Sunny Deol’s versatility and creative prowess.
|Manzil Manzil||1984||Vijay (Sonu)|
|Saveray Wali Gaadi||1986||Ravidas|
|Paap Ki Duniya||1988||Suraj/Ashok|
|Vardi||1989||Ajay Kumar Singh|
|Nigahen: Nagina Part II||1989||Anand|
|Main Tera Dushman||1989||Gopal|
|Aag Ka Gola||1989||Vikram Singh / Shankar ‘Shaka’|
|Izzat Ki Roti||1993||Jeet|
|Damini||1993||Advocate Govind Srivastava|
|Kshatriya||1993||Vinay Pratap Singh (Surjangarh)|
|Dushmani: A Violent Love Story||1995||Suraj Singh|
|Ghatak: Lethal||1996||Kashi Nath|
|Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya||1997||–|
|Salaakhen||1998||Vishal S. Agnihotri|
|Zor||1998||Arjun U. Singh|
|Iski Topi Uske Sarr||1998||Bhangra Dancer|
|Pyaar Koi Khel Nahin||1999||Anand|
|Arjun Pandit||1999||Arjun Dixit / Arjun Pandit|
|Gadar: Ek Prem Katha||2001||Tara Singh|
|Yeh Raaste Hain Pyaar Ke||2001||Sagar|
|Maa Tujhhe Salaam||2002||Pratap Singh|
|23rd March 1931: Shaheed||2002||Chandrashekhar Azad|
|Jaani Dushman: Ek Anokhi Kahani||2002||Karan Saxena|
|Karz: The Burden of Truth||2002||Suraj Singh|
|The Hero: Love Story of a Spy||2003||Arun Khanna/Ajay Chakraborty/Batra/Wahid Khan|
|Khel: No Ordinary Game||2003||Rajveer Scindia|
|Jaal: The Trap||2003||Ajay Kaul|
|Kaise Kahoon Ke… Pyaar Hai||2003||Arjun Singh|
|Lakeer – Forbidden Lines||2004||Arjun Rana|
|Rok Sako To Rok Lo||2004||Kabir (Phantom) Mukherjee|
|Jo Bole So Nihaal||2005||Nihaal Singh|
|Teesri Aankh: The Hidden Camera||2006||Arjun Singh|
|Naksha||2006||Veer K. Malhotra|
|Big Brother||2007||Devdhar S.’Deva’ Gandhi / Devdhar Sharma|
|Fool & Final||2007||Munna|
|Apne||2007||Angad B. Singh Choudhary|
|Kaafila||2007||Sameer Ahmed Khan|
|Right Yaaa Wrong||2010||Ajay Shridhar|
|Hello Darling||2010||Nikhil Bajaj|
|Yamla Pagla Deewana||2011||Paramveer Singh Dhillon|
|Yamla Pagla Deewana 2||2013||Paramveer Singh Dhillon|
|Singh Saab The Great||2013||Saranjeet Talwar (Sunny)/ Singh Saab|
|I Love New Year||2015||Randhir Singh|
|Ghayal Once Again||2016||Ajay Mehra|
|Poster Boys||2017||Jagaavar Chaudhry|
|Bhaiaji Superhit||2018||Lal Bhaisahab Dubey|
|Mohalla Assi||2018||Dharamnath Pandey|
|Yamla Pagla Deewana: Phir Se||2018||Pooran|
|Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas||2019||–|
|Chup: Revenge of The Artist||2022||IG Arvind Mathur|
|Gadar 2 (Filming)||2023||Tara Singh|
|Apne 2 (Filming)||2024||TBA|
Awards and Achievements of Sunny Deol:
1. Sunny Deol got a big prize called the National Film Award for being the best actor in a movie called “Ghayal” in 1990. He played a character named Ajay Mehra who was very determined to get justice. People really liked his acting.
2. Sunny Deol won some more awards from Filmfare. He got the Best Actor Award for “Ghayal” and “Damini.” Sunny was really good in those movies. He also got a special award for a different movie called “Gadar: Ek Prem Katha,” which was a big hit.
3. He also won awards from something called IIFA. They gave him the Best Actor Award for “Gadar: Ek Prem Katha.” They also said he did a great job in all of his movies and gave him a special award.
4. Sunny Deol got awards from Stardust too. They gave him the Best Actor Award for “Ghayal,” and he also got an award called the Star of the Year for “Damini.”
5. Zee Cine Awards liked his acting too. They gave him the Best Actor Award for “Ghayal” and “Damini.”
6. At the Screen Awards, they gave him the Best Actor Award for “Ghayal” and “Damini” because he was really good at acting seriously.
7. Sunny Deol got more awards and prizes from different places and people. They all thought he did a great job in movies, and they were happy to give him awards.
List of Awards
|1990||Zee Cine Best Actor Award for “Ghayal”|
|1990||National Film Award for Best Actor for “Ghayal”|
|1990||Filmfare Best Actor Award for “Ghayal”|
|1990||Stardust Best Actor Award for “Ghayal”|
|1990||Screen Best Actor Award for “Ghayal”|
|1993||Screen Best Actor Award for “Damini”|
|1993||Zee Cine Best Actor Award for “Damini”|
|1993||Stardust Star of the Year Award for “Damini”|
|1993||Filmfare Best Actor Award for “Damini”|
|2002||Filmfare Special Performance Award for “Gadar: Ek Prem Katha”|
|2002||IIFA Best Actor Award for “Gadar: Ek Prem Katha”|
|2002||IIFA Special Award for outstanding contribution to Indian cinema|
Legacy and Impact:
Sunny Deol’s contributions to Indian cinema have left an indelible mark. He is known for his dynamic screen presence and intense dialogue delivery. And power-packed action sequences. His patriotic portrayals. Also, larger-than-life characters have resonated with the masses, making him a beloved icon. Sunny Deol’s passion for his craft and dedication to his roles continue to inspire aspiring actors in the industry.
Body Measurements of Sunny Deol
|Height, Weight, And Measurements|
|Height in Centimeters||173 cm|
|Height in Feet Inches||5 feet 8 inches|
|Height in Meters||1.73 meters|
|Weight||80 kilograms (176 pounds)|
|Bicep Size||16 inches|
|Chest Size||44 inches|
|Waist Size||34 inches|
|Shoe Size||10 (US)|
Sunny Deol Height
Sunny Deol’s height is approximately 5 feet 8 inches (1.73 meters).
Quotes Of Sunny Deol
Some popular quotes by Sunny Deol:
- “Dhai Kilo Ka Haath” – This iconic dialogue from the movie “Damini” became one of Sunny Deol’s most memorable quotes.
- “Jab yeh dhai kilo ka haath kisi pe padta hai na, toh aadmi uthta nahi, uth jaata hai.” (When this 2.5-kilogram hand falls on someone, they don’t just get up, they rise.) – Another powerful dialogue from the movie “Damini.”
- “I am an emotional person, and I give importance to relationships.” – Sunny Deol emphasizes the significance of emotional connections.
- “When you put your heart and soul into something, it shows.” – Sunny Deol highlights the importance of dedication and passion in achieving success.
- “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Sunny Deol emphasizes the importance of finding joy in one’s work.
- “I don’t want to be labeled as an action hero only. I want to explore different genres and do roles that challenge me as an actor.” – Sunny Deol expresses his desire to diversify his acting portfolio.
- “I believe in being honest and true to my work. I don’t believe in shortcuts or compromising on my principles.” – Sunny Deol emphasizes the value of honesty and integrity.
- “Life is too short to hold grudges. Forgive, forget, and move on.” – Sunny Deol promotes the idea of forgiveness and letting go of negativity.
Salary and Net Worth Of Sunny Deol
Sunny Deol Net worth
Sunny Deol’s net worth was estimated to be around $16 million.
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||Rs. 130 Crore|
|Salary||12 Crore +|
|Monthly Income||1 Crore +|
|Net Worth||$16 Million|
In how many films does Sunny Deol work?
Sunny Deol has worked in numerous films throughout his career. While I don’t have an exact count of the total number of films he has appeared in, it is estimated that he has acted in over 100 movies. This includes both Hindi and Punjabi films. Sunny Deol’s prolific filmography spans several decades and showcases his versatility as an actor in a wide range of genres.
Bollywood actor Sunny Deol’s new movie, Gadar 2, just got its special picture, and it was shown on Republic Day. Gadar 2 is a sequel to the movie Gadar from 2001. It’s an exciting action story that many people liked a lot. In 2001, it was the biggest movie, and it starred Sunny Deol and Amisha Patel in the main roles. There was also a young actor named Utkarsh who played their child.
Now, after 20 years, the second part of this movie is coming out. The motion picture for Gadar 2 came out on January 26, and we also know when it will be in theaters.
Sunny Deol doesn’t make movies as often as before, so people are very excited about Gadar 2. The first picture of the movie came out, and fans are really happy about it. It was released on Republic Day, which is a special day in India.
Read More: About Gadar 2 Click Here
Sunny Deol’s journey in the film industry has been nothing short of extraordinary. From his early success with “Betaab” to his iconic roles in films. Like “Ghayal” and “Gadar: Ek Prem Katha,” he has enthralled audiences with his talent and charisma. As an actor, director, and producer, Sunny Deol has contributed to Indian cinema, earning many accolades and a special place in the hearts of his fans.
Q. What is the net worth of Sunny Deol?
Ans. Sunny Deol’s total net worth is around $16 Million.
Q. What is the age of Sunny Deol?
Ans. Currently, Sunny Deol is 65 years old (19 October 1956).
Q. What is the name of Sunny Deol’s Wife?
Ans. Sunny Deol was married to Pooja Deol (m. 1984).
Q. What is the Salary of Sunny Deol?
Ans. He earns an estimated salary of Rs.12 crore Per Year.
Q. What is the Height of Sunny Deol?
Ans. The Height of Sunny Deol is 1.73 M (5′ 6”).
Q. How much does Sunny Deol Charge per Movie?
Ans. Sunny Deol Charge Around 5 to 6 Crore Per Movie.