Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)
The Indian government’s Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) program, which was introduced in 2015, aims to give economically disadvantaged groups of the population access to affordable housing. By the end of March 2022, 20 million affordable homes are to be built under the PMAY program. Up to 2024, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G) will be in effect. Moreover, the projected number of pucca homes has increased to 2.95 crore homes.
Since its inception, PMAY has altered the dynamics of the housing market by drastically lowering the price at which the urban poor can buy a home. Here is all the information you need to know about PMAY (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana), in case you are interested in purchasing a home under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana program.
We have covered all the details you need to know about the PMAY for 2023–2024, including eligibility requirements and parameters, how to apply online or offline, and other relevant information. The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme, or PMAY Yojana, has several advantages.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
PMAY Scheme Benefits
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Pmay) program was established to fill the growing gap between the supply and demand for urban housing. Take a look at the main goals of this program:
- to use private developers to help restore slums.
- to promote Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme-based affordable housing for the underprivileged.
- to build cost-effective homes in collaboration with the public and private sectors.
- to offer financial assistance for the construction of private homes by beneficiaries.
Eligibility for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in 2024
Applicants must fall under one of the four categories — economically weaker sections (EWS), low-income group (LIG), a middle-income group I (MIG I), or middle-income group II — in order to be eligible for the PMAY scheme (MIG II). The applicant’s annual household income must fall within the allotted range for each category. The applicant must also not be the owner of a pucca house in India.
- Those who want to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana should be residents of Uttar Pradesh.
- For those who want to apply for this scheme, their age should be 18 years, if their age is less than 18 years then they will not be eligible for this scheme.
- Families who fall in the poor category will be eligible for this scheme.
- People who have BPL card holders are eligible for this scheme.
- Those who want to take advantage of this scheme, those people who have not taken any housing scheme before, then they will not be eligible for this scheme.
- All those people who want to take advantage of this scheme should have the necessary documents related to Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
- Those who want to take advantage of this scheme should not have a pucca house, otherwise, they will not be eligible for this scheme.
- Only one person in the applicant’s family can take advantage of this scheme.
- The applicant does not have any property such as a farm or plants in his name and if it is in his name then he will not be eligible for this scheme.
PMAY 2024 Overview
|Title||Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2023-24|
|Direct Link For Apply in PMAY||Apply now|
|For more information||www.myscheme.gov.in/schemes/pmay-g|
Recipients of the PMAY Program in 2024
The following categories make up the majority of PMAY recipients:
- The Middle-Income Groups (MIG I) have yearly incomes of between Rs. 6 and 12 lakhs, whereas the Middle-Income Groups (MIG II) have annual incomes of between Rs. 12 and 18 lakhs.
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) with an annual income cap of up to Rs. 3 Lakh Low-income Groups (LIGs) with an annual income cap between Rs. 3 and 6 Lakh
- Beneficiaries of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana are entitled to full support, whilst LIG and MIG beneficiaries are only eligible for the Credit Linked Subsidy Program.
- For the applicant to be recognized as a LIG or EWS beneficiary under the Plan, an affidavit verifying his income proof must be submitted.
What is the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana’s Function?
An example will help you to understand.
Let’s say you’re in the MIG-II category (i.e. your total household income is between Rs 12-18 Lakhs). You want to spend Rs. 50 lakhs on a home. You would need to put down a minimum of 20%, or Rs. 10 lakhs, and you could borrow the rest Rs. 40 lakhs.
However, MIG-2 category candidates are qualified for a 3% discount on loans up to Rs 12 lakhs under PMAY 2022. You would therefore be required to pay the lender ordinary (non-subsidized) interest rates for the remaining Rs 28 Lakhs of the loan.
How do I apply online at pmaymis.gov.in for PMAY 2023?
Apply online for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin by following the instructions provided.
Individuals can use the below-listed measures to make use of the PMAY program’s home loan subsidies. The following is a description of how to apply for PMAY online:
- Go to the PMAY official website (pmaymis.gov.in)
- On the Menu tab, select the Citizen Assessment option.
- The applicant enters the Aadhar card information.
- The applicant will be directed to the application page after providing their Aadhar number.
- The PMAY candidate must continue by entering all necessary information on this page, including income information, personal information, bank account information, and other necessary data.
- Before submitting, PMAY applicants must double-check all of their information.
- Immediately after selecting “Save,” a person will see a special application number.
- You must download the application form that has been completed.
- The person may finally turn in the form at the CSC office or financial institution/bank that is providing her with a house loan that is closest to them.
He or she must submit the form and any required paperwork.
How can I discover my name on the PMAY Beneficiary List?
Based on data from SECC 2011, the government produces a list of recipients every year. Follow these methods to see if your name is on the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana list:
- Check the website for the PMAY beneficiary list (Pmay gov in)
- your registration number, please.
- In order to view the status, click “Submit.”
- One of the most significant government-sponsored programs for rural development is the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin.
- Keep an eye on the annual beneficiary list if you want to receive a home under this program and are qualified.
How can I check the status of my Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana application?
To find out the status of your Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana application, complete these steps:
- Visit the PMAY Track Assessment Page for the office (Pmay gov in).
- Follow the status using one of two methods:
- Type your name, the name of your father, and your mobile number.
- Type in your mobile number and assessment ID.
How Do I Apply Offline for PMAY 2023?
You can go directly to any CSC office nearby to pick up an application form if you want to apply for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) offline. Complete the PMAY application form and submit it there together with the other necessary paperwork.
The documents needed for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
To apply for the PMAY program, you must have the following documents:
- Permission to utilize Aadhar data
- A declaration in writing that you (or your family) do not possess a pucca house
- A voter ID or an Aadhar card may be used as identification. Bank account information
- Number of the Swachh Bharat Mission’s registration
- Work card number as it appears on MGNREGA registrations (Optional)