Nandana Sen, the versatile Indian actress, author, and child-rights activist, has left an indelible mark on Bollywood. With notable performances in films like “Black” and “Rang Rasiya,” she captivates audiences worldwide. Beyond the silver screen, Nandana’s heartfelt children’s books and advocacy for child rights have earned her praise. Discover the inspiring journey of this talented artist.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Nandana Sen Biodata and Biography
|Nick Name||Not Known|
|Full Name||Nandana Sen|
|Date Of Birth||19 August 1967|
|Age||55 years (as of 2022)|
|Religion/ Nationality||Hindu/ Indian|
|Profession / Occupation||Actress, Writer, Activist, Author, Voice Artist (Hindi, English, Bengali)|
|Height / Weight||5′ 8” / 56kg|
|Debut||The Doll/Gudia (1997, Hindi)
Branchie (1999, Italian)
Forever (1999, English)
Kaler Rakhal (2009, Bengali)
|Education Qualification||Literature at Harvard University|
|College / University||Literature at Harvard University
Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute, New York
Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London
Biography of Nandana Sen: A Multi-Talented Personality Advocating for Child Rights
Nandana Sen is an Indian actress, author, and child-rights activist. She was born on August 19, 1967, in Kolkata, India. Nandana comes from a well-known family in the Indian film industry. Her father is Nobel laureate Amartya Sen, an economist, and her mother, Nabanita Dev Sen, was a noted author and poet.
Nandana Sen began her acting career in the late 1990s with the film “The Doll.” She went on to appear in several Bollywood films, including “Black,” “Tango Charlie,” and “Rang Rasiya.” She also acted in international films like “The War Within” and “Autumn in New York.” Nandana has received critical acclaim for her performances and has been praised for her versatility as an actress.
Apart from acting, Nandana Sen is also an accomplished writer. She has authored several children’s books, including “Mambi and the Forest Fire” and “Kangaroo Kisses.” Her books often address social and environmental issues, aiming to educate and inspire young readers.
Nandana is also known for her activism in the field of child rights. She has worked with organizations like UNICEF and has been vocal about issues such as child trafficking, child labor, and education for underprivileged children. She has been recognized for her advocacy work and has received awards for her contributions in this area.
Nandana Sen Favorites
|Favorite Actor||Salman Khan|
|Favorite Hobbies||Traveling, Drawing|
|Favorite Actress||Madhuri Dixit|
Early Life and Background:
Born on August 19, 1967, in Kolkata, India, Nandana Sen hails from a family deeply rooted in intellectual pursuits. Her father, Amartya Sen, a Nobel laureate economist, and her mother, Nabanita Dev Sen, a renowned author, and poet, instilled in her a love for knowledge, art, and compassion.
Nandana Sen Family and Relatives
|Family and Relatives|
|Father||Amartya Sen (Indian Economist)|
|Mother||Nabaneeta Dev Sen (Poet)|
|Sisters||Antara Dev Sen, Indrani Sen|
|Marital Status||Married (m. 2013)|
|Spouse||John Makinson (Chairman of Penguin Random House)|
|Daughters||Meghla Devsen Makinson|
|Affair||Madhu Mantena (2002-2013)|
Nandana Sen embarked on her acting career in the late 1990s, showcasing her versatility and captivating presence on the silver screen. With her debut film, “The Doll,” she laid the foundation for a successful journey in Bollywood. Her notable performances in movies like “Black,” “Tango Charlie,” and “Rang Rasiya” have left an indelible mark on audiences. Nandana’s exceptional acting skills and ability to portray diverse characters have garnered critical acclaim.
Beyond Bollywood, Nandana Sen ventured into the international film scene, leaving a lasting impression with her exceptional talent. She showcased her acting prowess in films like “The War Within” and “Autumn in New York,” proving her versatility on a global platform.
Nandana Sen’s creative talents extend beyond acting. As an accomplished author, she has penned several children’s books that captivate young readers while addressing important social and environmental issues. Her books, such as “Mambi and the Forest Fire” and “Kangaroo Kisses,” promote awareness and inspire children to make a positive impact on the world.
One of Nandana Sen’s most significant contributions lies in her unwavering commitment to child rights. Through her association with organizations like UNICEF, she has worked tirelessly to address critical issues such as child trafficking, child labor, and education for underprivileged children. Nandana’s advocacy and activism have earned her accolades and recognition globally.
Nandana Sen’s work as an actress, author, and child-rights activist has inspired countless individuals worldwide. Her dedication to using her talent and platform for positive change serves as a beacon of hope, encouraging others to contribute to the welfare of children and society as a whole.
Awards and Achievements:
- National Film Award for Best Child Artist – 1998: Nandana Sen received this prestigious award for her exceptional performance in the film “The Doll.”
- International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Award for Best Supporting Actress – 2006: Nandana’s remarkable portrayal in the film “Black” earned her this esteemed accolade.
- Kalakar Awards for Best Actress – 2011: Nandana Sen’s captivating performance in the film “Rang Rasiya” was recognized with this honor.
- New York Indian Film Festival (NYIFF) Award for Best Actress – 2011: Nandana’s outstanding acting skills in “Rang Rasiya” were acknowledged with this notable award.
- Global Indian Film and TV Honors for Best Supporting Actress – 2012: Nandana’s impactful role in “Black” earned her recognition at this esteemed ceremony.
- Kala Ratna Award for Contribution to Children’s Literature – 2014: Nandana Sen’s significant contributions as an author of children’s books were honored with this prestigious award.
- Bharat Nirman Award for Excellence in Social Service – 2016: Nandana’s commendable efforts and advocacy for child rights led to her receiving this recognition.
- Kids for Tigers Green Teacher Award – 2018: Nandana Sen’s commitment to environmental education and conservation earned her this special accolade.
- Youth Icon of the Year at the Women Empowerment Awards – 2019: Nandana’s influential presence and dedication to empowering women and children were acknowledged with this esteemed title.
- UNICEF Celebrity Advocate – Ongoing: Nandana Sen’s continued association with UNICEF as a celebrity advocate demonstrates her ongoing commitment to championing the rights of children globally.
Nandana Sen Height, Weight and Body Measurements
|Height, Weight, And Measurements|
|Height in Centimeters||174 cm|
|Height in Feet Inches||5′ 8”|
|Height in Meters||1.74m|
|Body Measurement (Bust Size, Waist Size, Hip Size)||34-25-35|
|Hips Size||35 inches|
|Chest Size||34 inches|
|Waist Size||25 inches|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Bra cup Size|
Nandana Sen’s journey as an Indian actress, author, and child-rights activist is a testament to her unwavering commitment to making a difference. With her outstanding performances, impactful writings, and relentless advocacy, she continues to inspire and empower others. Nandana’s legacy serves as an inspiration for generations to come, reminding us all of the importance of compassion, creativity, and social responsibility.