Mrs Chatterjee Vs Norway is a 2023 Indian Bollywood Hindi-language drama movie written and directed by Ashima Chibber. In this Movie staring Rani Mukerji, Anirban Bhattacharya, Jim Sarbh, Neena Gupta and Yuvaan Vanvari. The film is inspired by the real-life story of an Indian couple whose children were taken away by Norwegian authorities in 2011. It was released on 17 March 2023.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Note: Mrs. Chatterjee Vs Norway 2023 trailers is available in the below
Read Also: Yuvaan Vanvari Biography
The plot centers around her fight to reclaim custody of her two children after Norwegian Child Welfare Services took it away. Debika lives in Stavanger with her husband Aniruddha, son Shubha, and 5-month-old daughter Shuchi. Before stealing Shubha and Shuchi during the most recent visit, Sia and Matilda of Barnevernet, a child welfare service, visited them frequently.
The Chatterjees are surprised to learn that they are unable to maintain custody of their kids because they lack the mental capacity to do so. Debika chooses to take the government to court in an effort to regain custody of her kids. Debika makes a critical decision as a result of alarming revelations she makes during the course of the lawsuit about Norway’s child custody system. The remaining events comprise the rest of the film.
|Title||Mrs. Chatterjee vs Norway|
|Movie Name||Mrs. Chatterjee Vs Norway|
|Directed by||Ashima Chibber|
|Written by||Ashima Chibber
|Produced by||Monisha Advani
|Distributed by||Zee Studios|
|Edited by||Namrata Rao|
|Release date||17 March 2023|
|Running time||144 minutes|
|Trailer Released On||YouTube|
- Rani Mukerji as Debika Chatterjee
- Anirban Bhattacharya as Aniruddha Chatterjee, Debika’s husband
- Jim Sarbh as Daniel Singh Ciupek, lawyer of Norway
- Neena Gupta as Vasudha Kamat, Indian External Affairs Minister (character based on Sushma Swaraj)
- Kärt Tammjärv as Sia
- Britta Soll as Matilda
- Barun Chanda as Abhijeet Dutta, Kolkata High Court judge
- Balaji Gauri as Advocate Ms. Pratap
- Mithu Chakraborty as Aniruddha’s mother
- Soumya Mukherjee as Anurag Chatterjee, Aniruddha’s brother
- Bodhisattwa Majumder as Debika’s father
- Saswati Guha Thakurta as Debika’s mother
- Varun Vazir as Biswajeet Sarkar
- Charu Shankar as Nandini
- Roopangi Vanvari as Rabia
- Sara Soulié as Berit Hansen, Teacher at Velfred
- Yuvaan Vanvari as Shubha Chatterjee, Debika and Aniruddha’s son
- Kristjan Sarv as Lars Kristiansen (official from Velfred)
Mrs. Chatterjee vs. Norway is the first Indian Bollywood feature film shot in Estonia. Rani Mukerji announced the film’s release date in 17 March 2021.
Anirban Bhattacharya, a Bengali actor, makes his Hindi film debut in this film. The film is based on the true tale of Sagarika Chakraborty and her husband, an Indian couple living in Norway who had their children taken away by the Norwegian Child Welfare Services because they objected to parenting practises that are considered customary in Indian culture.
The plot is based on a real-life immigrant mother’s battle with Norwegian law enforcement to acquire custody of her children.
Watch Movie Trailer
In August 2021, principal photography began. The first production schedule was finished on September 21, 2021, in Estonia. The film was completed on October 18, 2021.
The film was theatrically released on 17 March 2023.