Seva mPassport: Any anyone travelling overseas for business, tourism, education, medical treatment, or family visits must have a valid passport. Recent economic and globalisation trends indicate that passports and related services are in great demand. To accommodate this rising demand, the Ministry of External Affairs launched the Passport Seva Project. The MEA’s efforts to make mobile services available to the general public coincided with the development and release of the mPassport app.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Anyone with a smartphone may use the app’s numerous functions. The mPassport Seva App is compatible with iOS, Android, Blackberry, and Windows smartphones. Learn more about the mPassport Seva, including its highlights, aims, advantages, features, and application procedure.
The Mobile Passport Seva, also known as the mPassport Seva, was created exclusively for Indians who simply need passport information. It is a lightweight, user-friendly programme that gives extensive information on topics such as passport fees, where to find passport centres, contact information, general passport information, application status, and so on.
The Passport Seva programme is a partnership between the Indian government and the Ministry of External Affairs’ CPV (Consular, Passport, and Visa) division to deliver all passport-related services in a transparent, helpful, and timely way. A private-public collaboration led by TCS (Tata Consultancy Services) is working on one of the major initiatives under the NeGP (National e-Government Plan). The initiative serves its citizens through more than 77 passport offices spread across India.
mPassport Seva Overview
|Other Name||Mobile Passport Seva|
|Introduced by||Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of India|
Mobile Passport Seva Objectives
The recently launched mPassport Seva App mobile application by the government has made obtaining a passport considerably easier. The software created by the Consular, Passport, and Visa (CPV) division and presented by Minister of External Affairs Sushma Swaraj on Passport Seva Diwas is expected to simplify the entire system as a consequence of two new initiatives.
The initiatives “Passport Application from Anywhere in India” and “Filling Passport Application Forms from Mobile Phones” might make things easier for hundreds of Indian nationals who wish to travel on the Haj pilgrimage.
What is mPassport?
The Mobile Passport Seva was created specifically for Indians and focuses only on passport-related information. It is an important yet simple service that gives information on the following topics:
- Passport centers
- Passport fees
- Contact information
- Status of passport applications
- Generic passport information
Users may obtain information on their mobile devices by using the mPassport Seva smartphone app. The capabilities of the Passport Seva Portal are fully accessible via the user-friendly app mPassport Seva.
New user registration
- Existing user login
- Applying for Passport services
- Pay online
- Scheduling an appointment
- Know more about Passport center locations
- Fee details
- mPassport application status
- Contact information
- Other general information.
mPassport Seva Features
Some of the most essential aspects of mPassport Sava are as follows:
- Passport Seva Kendras and District Passport Cells may be found by users.
- It covers the several processes required to get passport-related services, as well as who to contact if you have any issues.
- Citizens living in other countries will be informed about overseas embassies and postings. You may also search for police stations by district and state.
- Customers can use the program’s fee calculator to estimate the required payment basis for the service.
- When customers visit the passport office to apply for a passport, the document adviser aids them in selecting the necessary papers.
- By entering their file number and date of birth, users may check the progress of their passport applications.
- Passports sent can also be track to see where they are in the delivery process.
mPassport Seva Benefits
Some of the key benefits of mPassport Seva are as follows:
New passports must be obtained by submitting a new passport application.
Passports, new or reissued: If you require a new passport for any of the reasons listed below, you can request to have it renewed.
Passports that have been destroyed, updated to reflect current information, or contain missing pages or sheets The validity of the passport expired more than three years ago.
Apply for a New Passport through the mPassport Seva?
- Install the mPassport Seva app, which is available for both Android and iOS devices.
- Open the programme when it has been successfully installed.
- The app’s dashboard will appear. Then, choose Passport Office and press the New User Register button.
- A new page will be shown. Enter your unique login ID and a secure password next.
- If you have forgotten your password, select a security question and answer, input the captcha code, and then click the Submit button.
- The passport office will then send an email with a link to the application.
- The applicant will be brought to a new page after clicking the verification link, where they will be requested to confirm their login ID.
- After the account has been validated, the applicant must exit and relaunch the app.
- After that, click the Existing User option to open a new page where you may input your login details, password, and captcha code.
- Then, choose the Apply for a new passport option, which will lead you to an application form where you can fill out the necessary information and make the necessary payment.
- Finally, make an appointment to go to a passport office for document verification.
Track Application Status
The user must take the following steps in order to check the Application Status using the mPassport Seva:
- Begin by launching the mPassport Seva app.
- Select the Status Tracker option, followed by the Application Status button.
- A new page will appear, requesting your registration file number and date of birth.
- Finally, pick the Track option to keep track of the application’s progress.