James McVey is a British musician and guitarist best known as a member of the pop-rock band, The Vamps. He is also a passionate advocate for animal rights and mental health awareness.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
|Nick Name||Jamesy, J|
|Full Name||James Daniel McVey|
|Date Of Birth||April 30th, 1994|
|Age||29 years old|
|Profession / Occupation||Musician, songwriter|
|Height / Weight||6 feet 1 inch (185 cm) and 75 kg (165 lbs) weight|
|Debut||James McVey’s debut with The Vamps was in 2012 when they released their first single “Can We Dance”|
|Net Worth||$5 million USD.|
|Band||The Vamps (lead guitarist and vocalist)|
|Started playing guitar at||age 12|
|Writes songs for||The Vamps|
|Philanthropic work||Ambassador for Teenage Cancer Trust|
|Hobbies||Playing football (soccer), fitness, reading|
James McVey Biography
James McVey is a British musician and songwriter. He was born on April 30th, 1994, in Chester, England. James is the lead guitarist and vocalist for the pop-rock band, The Vamps. He started playing the guitar when he was 12 years old, and music became his passion. James has written many songs for The Vamps, and the band has released four studio albums to date. James is also known for his philanthropic work and is an ambassador for the Teenage Cancer Trust. He is a kind and talented musician who loves to make music and help others.
Family Members and Relatives
|Family and Relatives|
|Girlfriend||Kirstie Brittain is a model and actress.|
Early Life and Childhood
James Daniel McVey was born on April 30th, 1994, in Chester, England. He was the second child of his parents, who were both teachers. James grew up in a musical family, with his mother playing the piano and his father being a guitar enthusiast. James was exposed to music at an early age, and his parents encouraged his interest in music. When he was 12 years old, James received his first guitar, which he fell in love with.
|Favorite Film||The Dark Knight|
|Favorite music genres||Pop and rock|
|Favorite Hobbies||Playing football (soccer), reading, and watching movies|
|Favorite Singer||John Mayer|
|Favorite bands/artists||John Mayer, Eric Clapton, Mark Knopfler, Ed Sheeran, and One Direction|
|Favorite TV show||Game of Thrones|
|Favorite book||Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling|
James started playing guitar every day, practicing for hours on end. He was influenced by artists like John Mayer, Eric Clapton, and Mark Knopfler, and he developed his own unique style of playing. In 2011, James decided to audition for the popular TV show, The X Factor, as a solo artist. Although he didn’t make it to the final round, he caught the attention of music manager, Joe O’Neill.
Formation of The Vamps
Joe O’Neill introduced James to three other musicians: Bradley Simpson, Connor Ball, and Tristan Evans. Together, they formed the band, The Vamps. James became the lead guitarist and backing vocalist of the band. They started playing in local gigs around London and recorded covers of popular songs, which they posted on YouTube. Their covers gained popularity, and they started to develop a fan base.
Debut Album and Success
In 2013, The Vamps released their debut single, “Can We Dance”, which became a hit in the UK and other countries. The band’s popularity grew, and they released their debut album, “Meet The Vamps”, in 2014. The album was a commercial success, reaching number two on the UK Albums Chart. The band continued to release hit singles, including “Somebody to You”, “Last Night”, and “Wake Up”.
Awards and Achievements
- In 2018, he won the “Outstanding Contribution to Charity” award at the PinkNews Awards. For his advocacy for LGBTQ+ rights and his work with the Diana Award charity.
- In 2019, James was awarded the “Young Celebrity Influencer” award at the Global Gift Gala in Dubai. For his humanitarian work with the charity “The Last Stand to Save Lives.”
- James has also been recognized for his songwriting abilities, having written many songs that have charted in the UK. And around the world, including the top 10 hit “Can We Dance.”
- In 2014, his band The Vamps won the “Favorite New Artist” award at the Radio Disney Music Awards.
- The band also won the “Best British Group” award at the BBC Radio 1 Teen Awards in 2015 and 2016.
James is known for his philanthropic work and is an ambassador for the Teenage Cancer Trust. He has also supported other charitable organizations, including Make-A-Wish UK, WWF, and UNICEF. In 2018, James climbed Mount Kilimanjaro to raise money for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
James is a fitness enthusiast and enjoys playing football (soccer). He also enjoys reading books and has been open about his struggles with anxiety. James is in a relationship with Kirstie Brittain, a model and actress.
|Height, Weight And Mesurments|
|Height in Centimeters||185 cm|
|Height in Feet Inches||6’1″|
|Height in Meters||1.85 m|
|Weight||75 kg or 165 lbs|
Net Worth of James McVey
As of 2021, James McVey’s net worth is estimated to be around $5 million USD.
James McVey’s Net Worth
James McVey’s estimated net worth is around $5 million USD. This is due to his successful music career as a member of the band The Vamps, which has produced many hit albums and singles. Also, James has also been involved in various philanthropic endeavors. And has made many charitable donations throughout his career.
James McVey Quotes
- “You don’t need to be a musician to be able to write music, and that’s important. Anyone can express themselves through music if they put their mind to it.”
- “I think it’s important that people talk about mental health because it’s such an important thing. We all have to take care of our mental health as much as our physical health.”
- “I think we’ve always been a very proactive band trying to help people and spreading positive messages, so for us, it’s always been important to use our platform for good.”
- “I think the best thing about music is the way it brings people together. Whether you’re at a concert or listening to a song with someone, it has the power to create a connection between people.”
- “It’s important to embrace your individuality and be proud of who you are. Don’t try to change yourself to fit someone else’s idea of what’s ‘cool’ or ‘normal.'”
- “I believe in equality for everyone, regardless of their gender, race, sexuality, or any other aspect of their identity. We need to work together to create a world where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.”
James McVey Age
May 5th, 2023, James McVey is 28 years old. He was born on April 30th, 1994.
Famous Works with Year
- Can We Dance (2013) – The Vamps’ debut single, which reached the top 10 on the UK Singles Chart
- Meet the Vamps (2014) – The Vamps’ debut studio album, which reached #2 on the UK Albums Chart
- Wake Up (2015) – The Vamps’ second studio album, which included the hit singles “Wake Up” and “Rest Your Love”
- Night & Day (2017) – The Vamps’ third studio album, which debuted at #1 on the UK Albums Chart
- “All The Lies” (2019) – A collaboration between The Vamps and DJ/producer Felix Jaehn and singer-songwriter Anne-Marie. The song reached the top 10 on the UK Singles Chart.
James McVey is a talented musician and songwriter who has achieved great success as the lead guitarist and vocalist of The Vamps. He is also known for his philanthropic work and dedication to helping others. James continues to create and perform music and inspire others to follow their passions.
Who is James McVey?
James McVey is a British musician and guitarist best known as a member of the pop-rock band, The Vamps.
How old is James McVey?
As of May 5th, 2023, James McVey is 28 years old. He was born on April 30th, 1994.
Is James McVey married?
No, James McVey is not married. He is currently in a relationship with his girlfriend Kirstie Brittain.
What is James McVey’s net worth?
As of 2021, James McVey’s estimated net worth is around $5 million USD.
What are some of James McVey’s famous works?
Some of James McVey’s famous works include. The Vamps’ hit singles “Can We Dance,” “Wake Up,” and “All The Lies,” as well as their albums Meet The Vamps, Wake Up, and Night & Day.
What are some of James McVey’s hobbies?
James McVey enjoys playing guitar, songwriting, and practicing martial arts. He is also a passionate advocate for animal rights and enjoys spending time with his dogs.